Stuck to Connecting to Tor network (loop)

Hello there!
I can’t do anything. One time after a few minutes it closes automatically.
I found this topic https://forum.bisq.io/t/cannot-start-application-stuck-at-connecting-to-tor-bad-tor-settings/740 but I can’t understand almost anything from this.
My machine is Windows 8.1, either AV or Firewall not installed.
What can I do? Where is log files? Internet works just fine.
I’m not from China, but there are also some banned IPs in my telecom. But list of those IPs is private. Can I ping it?

1 Like

Did it fail after each restart? Can u send me the log file (in the app folder - bisq.log).

Yes, it did. Log file available on this link {REMOVED}

EDIT: I removed the link for privacy protection

It can be that at shutdown a locked file in the tor directory did not get unlocked.
If you have not used Bisq (no funds, no offers, no trades) you can simply remove the whole data directory. Otherwise you can remove the content in the tor folder inside the data dir, but NOT delete the “hiddenservice” folder. Make sure hidden files are visible in your OS.

hello i have the same problem and i cannot found data directory in bisq file

If you want to open the data directory manually you should be able to find it under those locations:

• Mac OSX: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Bisq
  • Linux: /home/username/.local/share/Bisq
  • Windows 7,8: C:\Documents and Settings\username\AppData\Roaming\Bisq
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Bisq
1 Like

To my displeasure, uninstalling and installing anew this problem didn’t solve.

under btc_mainnet there is a folder called ‘‘db’’ is it the folder that i should delete?

If you don’t have an offer in Bisq and have to funds in it, you can simply delete the whole data directory and the program should start as a fresh installation. You can always make a backup just to be sure.

I believe files Manfred was talking about above was the ones in the directory called “tor” that is inside the “btc_mainnet”, but leave the “hiddenservice” directory which is in that “tor” directory.

Moreover, if your country is not blocking Tor, then it might be your AntiVirus software.

No delete the whole Bisq directory (2 parents up). Keep a backup before deleting.

didn’t changed a thing :worried:

okey okey sorry for the fuss it seems tor is blocked in my country but is there a way that i use bisq anyway?

Sorry to hear that man. Internet censorship is really stupid and wrong and leads only to bad things.

Unfortunately there is no way to do that at the moment with Bisq alone. Eventually Bisq might use Tor Bridges that are designed to fight Tor blocking, but it didn’t work vary well last time, at least not with China.

You can try to use VPNs if there are some that aren’t blocked in your country, or make your own VPN with someone you know that lives in a country with free Internet access. Maybe setup some system wide proxies or something. I am not sure how you can do it, since I always had a free access to Tor in my country, but it can always be done, there is no way to stop it, it just might take more work than you are willing to put in. You should search the Internet for more help.

Have u tried Tor browser? If that does not work then your government is blocking Tor. We will in future implement pluggable transports support which should help to get over governmental censorship.