Switch to new wallet without losing reputation

Hello.
I would like to switch to a new Bisq internal wallet but keeping my National currency payment accounts as well as my account identity and age.
How can I do this safely?
Also, am I able to keep the signed status of my payment accounts?
If possible I would also like to wipe my trade history.
Thank you to anyone who might be able to help.

Hi have a look at: Backup and Recovery

Specifically the bit about moving payment accounts.

I am not 100% sure but I think it will keep the signed status but all the accounts will be reset to 0 days. So you would have to wait for limits to be lifted.

Thanks @Pazza !
According to that link, it seems like account age can also be imported.
What about my reputation? I.e. others identifying my onion address as someone who already traded with them and everything went well? This link talks about my onion ID but does this mean my “reputation” is imported along with ID?
Thanks!

No problems. That is great if you can keep the age.

Are you looking to switch to a new wallet due to corruption / wallet getting large / Privacy reasons?

I do not think it is possible to switch to a new wallet and keep your onion address.

You can keep your onion address if transferring everything over to a new computer.

New onion address = new reputation

https://bisq.wiki/Account_limits#Account_signing

Hi.
Just came back to report that based on the Backup and Restore instructions, I successfully achieved what I wanted:

• Created new wallet;
  • Kept payment accounts’ details;
  • Kept payment accounts’ age and signed status;
  • Kept Tor identity and reputation;
  • Lost trade history (but can export it to a csv, beforehand).

Thanks!

1 Like

Time to move the part to keep onion address to wiki, I missed this all the time and I didn’t know exactly how to do it.