The Seeds may have been compromised. How do I create a whole new Wallet with Bisq?

Hi,

I think the seeds may have been compromised. Fortunately, there are no bitcoins or altcoins stored there at the moment. However, I no longer want to use this private key. How do I generate a whole new wallet with new seeds and delete the current one?

Thanks!

You can just delete the data directory then which will make Bisq act all brand new.
You can find it here depending on your OS:
Mac OSX: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Bisq

• Linux: /home/username/.local/share/Bisq
  • Windows 7,8,10: C:\Documents and Settings\username\AppData\Roaming\Bisq
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Bisq

I am doing the same thing as Gilson was. So, I took your advice and placed the directory in the trash. I did the same thing with the backup. Nothing seems to have changed within the app, though, and I think that the wallet address remains the same. Am I missing something? Do I need to restart the app for the changes to take place? Also, will the app create a new directory now that the old one is deleted? Thank you for the info that you’ve already given.

if there was nothing on value in your previous data directory (so no backup was needed, otherwise deleting it altogether has not been a good idea) the procedure is:

• stop bisq
  • delete or rename data directory
  • restart bisq

application would start with default light theme (white background), without password, and connect to network provided nodes; also checking the seed you will see it’s different from the previous one

1 Like

Thank you. Everything is straightened out.

1 Like