The seller released the amount locked but I didn't pay him/her

How can I contact him/her to give it back (refund)?

I can’t reopen the support ticket or talk to the arbitrator.

0 Likes

Can’t you just pay them?

0 Likes

I had troubles to do the transfer.
But, yes, I can try again.
Although it would be better if I could talk to the arbitrator, at least.

0 Likes

What is the onion address of your arbitrator?
You can send him a PM here and explain the issue to him.

Either way, thanks for your honesty :blush:

0 Likes

Is it possible here?
Like a private message in this forum?

0 Likes

yes it is possible here to contact the arbitrators privately here :
my4t3kedin7k63a6.onion:9999 -> @arbitrator1
s6yrrpezc3zp6biy.onion:9999 -> @keo.

0 Likes

Thanks Homard.
I’ll try to reach the arbitrator.

By the way, at the moment, are there only these two?

0 Likes

There are overall more than 2 arbitrators,
but atm, there are only 2 arbitrators simultaneously managing arbitrage.
They change from time to time.
With normal functioning 2 arbitrators are enough, since there are only very very few real disputes.
99.x% of disputes are due to technical issues (timeouts etc)

(The planned roadmap intents to partially replace arbitrators with mediators, in order to only reserve arbitrators for difficult cases).

0 Likes

DAO is launching in less then 2 weeks probably, so with it we get the ability of fully decentralized arbitration system.

0 Likes

Is it possible to suggest an option to reopen the ticket so that we can talk to the arbitrator after the transactions is settled?

I mean, in some cases, something goes wrong or some misunderstanding may happen - like in this case.

I think this happened this time because it was the second transaction I made with the seller (both small), but in the second one he presented different and insufficient information that made impossible the bank transfer to be done.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Best way to suggest an option is to open an issue, clearly written, on https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/issues
Notice however that:
1/ the plans for the future are to reduce the appeal to the arbitrators, not to increase it,
2/ in order to help with 1/ there may be more communication made possible between the traders, (but this needs some brainwork and some dev).

0 Likes

Once a dispute is closed the funds from the multiSig is paid out and the arbitrator cannot do anything anymore.

0 Likes