This offer cannot be taken due to counterparty trade restrictions

I can’t take some offers from some traders because of this error message “This offer cannot be taken due to counterparty trade restrictions”. What does it mean?

@c3po Hey, I believe it means that the maker has set certain conditions for the trade that you do not meet. But let me investigate and get back to you.

Ok thanks! Just to add some info: the trader was selling 0.009 btc, which is less than the 0.01 limit for new accounts, so that is not the problem. I also have 0.03 btc on my bisq wallet, which is enough to fund the security deposit. I have traded with a couple sellers for 0.01 btc and less, but for this trader specifically I get this error message

Is it possible to set conditions in order to choose who will trade with you?

Maybe you’re from a country this user has banned to trade with?

it is possible to ban onion addresses of certain traders so perhaps that was the issue @c3po Sorry for never getting back to you on this one.

@smcama have you run into this issue since?

I have the same issue. Trade range is .1- .25 which is my account limit (aged 276 days Revolut account). I’m not aware of any other options to restrict trades so am curious what is the root cause. Seems to be an issue only with USD offers?