Trade ID 47921938 stuck in "wait for payment", but payment already received

My Bisq client v1.5.6 on Windows 10 says “wait for payment” even though I (seller) have already received the fiat funds and the buyer confirmed in chat that he has clicked the button to indicate he started the payment. already has 186 confirmations. I have received the fiat funds from the buyer, and I want to move to the next step but my client doesn’t show the button for it.

This appears to be a bug that was described and ostensibly fixed precisely one year ago: see [ issue #3905 on Github ].

I have restarted the client. I did an SPV resync. Did not help. What can I try next?

As far as I know this happens from time to time.

The messaging about started payment etc. is not always reliable.

Maybe you can ask the mediator for help.

1 Like

So you’re saying this is a bug, and I should open a dispute even though I am not disputing the trade itself?

I am not familiar with mediation in practice – the way I read [ how mediation works ] is that I can ask the mediator to force the deal through (according to its original contract; without changes). Is this correct?

Yes, the mediator can propose a payout transaction that in your case would be the regular payout of a successful trade. This procedure is a workaround for the missed message.

I opened a ticket and requested it. Almost immediately, exactly this resolution was proposed and I accepted it. Now I just need to wait for the buyer to accept it too, and things will be as they should.

Thank you for your guidance!

1 Like

Not exactly accurate. Mediators could suggest any payout, that both traders need to agree with as funds are temporary locked into a 2of2 multisig address.

What happens when one party does not respond to the suggestion?

His security deposit could be taken by the other trader.

https://bisq.wiki/Dispute_resolution

You can send funds to DAO address and start arbitration. A refund agent will investigate and refund you.
It’s explained at next step on wiki, after mediation.