Trade period approaching end, no confirmation

I took an offer to buy BTC on Monday evening. I sent the money via SEPA, but the bank processed the transaction on Tuesday morning. Now it’s Friday and the seller still hasn’t confirmed my payment, he isn’t answering in the chat either. We’ve still got 2 days remaining for the trade to complete, but the problem is these 2 days fall into the weekend while banks are closed. So if my payment isn’t confirmed in the next hours I’ll have to wait for Monday which will be after the allowed trade period.

Am I screwed?

Bisq confirmation has nothing to do with the SEPA transfer being credited to the payee. This must have happened the day after you sent it, if you did it during the morning, or the day after otherwise.
The seller is just not confirming having received the payment, for which there might be valid reasons as it’s not a problem as long as it’s confirmed before trade period ends; also traders are not required to reply in trader chat, it would just be common courtesy and also more welcoming to new users if they did.

Just make sure you clicked the “payment started” button on your end, and it stuck in place, and n any case, as you can prove the payment, if seller doesn’t release BEFORE period ends, you can open mediation and ask to be compensated out of their security deposit. So you should actually hope seller is late, so you will get more BTC than what you paid for.

Maybe the seller hasn’t confirmed because the payment hasn’t arrived yet, this is what I fear. So if it doesn’t arrive today, it won’t arrive during the weekend for sure. In which case I get a penalty, right?

By the way how do I prove the payment in case I ever need to do it? All I get from the ebanking account is a .pdf with the transaction details, date, etc. It isn’t signed or anything.

On a side note, in the chat window I see “Message saved in receiver’s mailbox” under my message, but I think in other cases it usually says “Message arrival confirmed by receiver”. Does that mean the messages haven’t been read?

If you sent the payment on Monday I would expect it to arrive in the Seller’s account in a couple of days max.

Maybe the seller has gone AWOL.

I presume you have asked them in Bisq chat but they have not replied?

On a side note, in the chat window I see “Message saved in receiver’s mailbox” under my message, but I think in other cases it usually says “Message arrival confirmed by receiver”. Does that mean the messages haven’t been read?

Yes, they likely have not been back to Bisq.

If the seller is late releasing you might consider asking for compensation from their security deposit.

Hi, trade was complete. The seller was probably away all this time.
Thanks for your help guys

1 Like