Trade timeout and no arbitrator

Hi, I have a trade that’s stuck on the “wait until payment has started” stage. I have actually received payment but can not release the BTC as the app hasn’t moved beyond this stage - presumably due to a connection issue or the buyer not actioning the confirmation.

The trade has been sent into arbitration but it has now been more than 24 hours with no response from the arbitrator - that makes me believe I may have a problem with the app my end?

Arbitrator’s onion address is: 3b7cft5k4ae6a236.onion:9999

Appreciate any help!

Yes, it could be an issue with the connection.
Your arbitrator is @keo, you can send him a PM with your trade ID and he can look into it.

Great - thanks for that. Will get in touch directly.

@keo hasn’t responded to my PM, is there any other way to get this sorted? Many thanks!

You can try contacting him in Slack. He uses the same username.
You can click on the invite here https://bisq.network/slack-invite

Thanks for that, unfortunately the link doesn’t appear to work… I just get a message saying “this link is no longer active”

Can you try after restarting the browser? Should work…

He is right, it doesn’t work for me either. It could have expired again.

PS: I sent keo a PM in Slack yesterday when I saw this post, but he is in “Do not disturb” mode and hasn’t replied. Maybe he is really busy with something important.

Edit: Chris just fixed the link. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys - Slack link now working. Will also send him a message there. Appreciate the help!

Failing this, is there anyway to assign another arbitrator? Worried the buyer must be thinking his money has gone forever!

No, arbitrator can not be changed in middle of the trade. Those BTC are locked in a 2-of-3 multisig with the arbitrator and the other trader. We will probably have to wait for keo to respond.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help @alexej996 - case now closed and BTC released to buyer. Still non the wiser as to what went wrong in the first place but glad it’s all sorted!

I don’t know. It could have been some weird bug or maybe just the buyer forgot to click the button to start payment.