Trading halted until v1.3.0 hotfix

Bisq developers are currently investigating a critical security vulnerability, and the alert key has been used to temporarily disable trading.

A hotfix release will be published within a few hours.

EDIT: if you have any active trades right now, please DO NOT send any funds.

EDIT 2: With the release of v1.3.0, trading resumes. Shortly after that, v1.3.1 was released, which is what you should now use.

EDIT 3: If you have issues with failed trades, please reach out on the #support channel on the Bisq Keybase team for a fix. Otherwise, the fix will be included in the v1.3.2 release, which should be released this week (week of April 13) or next.

To clear confusion: yes, Bisq is a proper distributed peer-to-peer network. So you can override the latest alert key functionality that blocks trading.

But we highly discourage you from doing this for your own security.

Weā€™ll release more details when we can.

Also until v1.3.0 is released, existing trades cannot be completed. Please hold tight. Of course, because of Bisqā€™s security model, your funds are not at risk.

1 Like

ah okay, keep up the good work guys!

1 Like

I also wanted to bring to your attention that currently new users in Canada are not able to get their account signed.

Only one person with their signed account is offering 0.01 BTC at all times. And if we buy from him, our account does not get signed. (Iā€™ve tried twice with 2 separate accounts on different computers) Iā€™m not sure if this particular user has exploited a bug in Bisq. Heā€™s also selling BTC 12% above market price.

So for new users in Canada, Bisq is a no go, which is truly unfortunate. We are only able to buy BTC with the 0.01 BTC restriction.

IMPORTANT:

If you have any active trades right now, please do not send ANY funds.

I have half of those transaction, your message came to late and I sent funds already about 4 hrs before your message, and opened tickets, there was asked only - is your trade counterparty responding to you? He not responding.

What to do now?

2 Likes

Hi,

how I can check multisig value?

1 Like

Hi. Under PORTFOLIO > OPEN TRADES you can click the little ā€˜iā€™ icon next to the trade ID to see the trade info. There you can see the tradeā€™s details. The multisig transaction is the Deposit transaction. So copy that transaction ID and you can check it with your btc node or on a btc explorer if you donā€™t run a node.

1 Like

This is a known bug and is being investigated.

With the release of v1.3.0 on Wednesday, trading resumes.

Shortly after than v1.3.1 was released, which is what you should now use.

There are some lingering issues with failed trades which will be fixed in v1.3.2, which should be out in a couple of days.

During the update from 1.3.0 to v1.3.1 I had a failed trade (probably due to the bug)
Trade was sent to mediation for fix
Summary Notes: Trade carried out normally after confirming with both parties

Am now unable to ā€œaccept or reject suggestions from mediatorā€ to finish processing the trade. Trade is still marked failed and mediation is closed.

Do you have any suggested troubleshooting steps?

This is a bug and thereā€™s a fix in the works. Follow this guide and reach out to your mediator on the Bisq Keybase team.

During the update from 1.3.0 to v1.3.1 I had a failed trade (probably due to the bug)

If you have issues with failed trades, please reach out on the #support channel on the Bisq Keybase group for a Bisq build with a fix. Otherwise, that fix will be included in the v1.3.2 release, which should be released this week (week of April 13) or next.