Trading Issues and Bisq in General

So far I have only bought on Bisq and not sold. But each time I buy the buyer ups and leaves never approving the trade after receiving payment. Thus I have to get a moderator involved by opening a support ticket and then waiting 24 or more hours for someone to acknowledge the issue. Then waiting for the other trader to respond but usually there is none. In order for Bisq to be any larger of a platform than it is now you should ban trading accounts who just ignore everybody. If they do this 3 times, just ban the account.

The whole idea of a trading platform is to have trades in a timely manner so that the buyer or seller can take their new money or coin and go to some other platform to trade other alt coins before any major inflation or deflation ocurrs. Otherwise it just defeats the purpose.

The other issue is there are very few people, if any, who have signatures for Popmoney, National Bank Transfers, Western Union and many others. Seems like everybody has a Zelle account. The downside to that is not all banks keep the same payment system. Sometimes they will leave one payment system such as Zelle and acquire the services of Popmoney. Then what? Now you need a bunch of people who have Popmoney signatures.

One time I bought from a trader who had a signature but my account never upgraded to Signed. What’s up with that? That’s pretty lame.

I haven’t sold yet but I hope that the seller has to put up the entire amount of BTC he is selling so he doesn’t run off with the fiat currency.

In order for Bisq to get any traction and grow they must punish traders who ignore and disrespect everybody; have every successful issueless trade upgraded automaticaly to Signed; and have more signed types of accounts.

How many time ago did that happen? There’s 15% mandatory security deposits since 9 january to prevent this from happening. Moderator should propose to remove his security deposit and maybe compensate to you in those situations.
Take the uncooperative trader its satoshis and give them to you it’s better than ban its account.

Trades don’t start until 1st confirmation with the transaction for deposits and trade amount occurs. You can verify this transaction yourself.

There will be a sign account event soon to help signature bootstrapping. Bisq is also trying to figure out easier ways to sign known good accounts, like signing your own accounts once you have a signed one, but it’s difficult to do it in a secure way.

There was a time where a lot of bugs regarding account signing was very usual. Now, it’s more frequent that traders don’t notice that a signed account needs 30 days from the signing to be able to sign other accounts. They have a check mark like this at the orderbook, on the “time since signing” column.

imagen

If you think your account should be signed, please contact Support channel on Keybase

One time I bought from a trader who had a signature but my account never upgraded to Signed. What’s up with that? That’s pretty lame.

If this was with version 1.2.6 or later I would be interested in looking at the logs. There has been reports of this and I’ve added logs that should help find why this seem to happen.

1 Like

I haven’t sold yet but I hope that the seller has to put up the entire amount of BTC he is selling so he doesn’t run off with the fiat currency.

Trades don’t start until 1st confirmation with the transaction for deposits and trade amount occurs. You can verify this transaction yourself.

I don’t think you understood what I said.

If I am sellling 1 BTC I should put up a deposit of 1 BTC so that when someone sends me fiat money I just don’t run off with the BTC and the fiat money.

All btc sellers need to send their trading amount together with security deposit to a multisig address before the Bisq software requires fiat payment on step 2 of the trade, so they can’t run off with the fiat and BTC.

I agree with Jason. Everybody has a signed Zelle account but nobody has a signed Popmoney account or National Bank Transfer.

He also mentioned that moderators are slow to look to see if there is a support ticket and I too have had issues with traders who don’t release funds or coins in a timely manner.

1 Like