Translation of Bisq

Hi all.
I’m trying to help with translation of Bisq and need advice.

Example:Remove offer failed:\n{0}
There letter “n” after faled:\
Is this letter need to stay same?
As “xxxx” stays for foreign worlds:
translation will be:xxxxxx xxxxx xxxx:\n{0}

Is this correct?
No separation, no change right?

Another example:
Need to translate:You don’t have a trading account for the selected currency.\nDo you want to create an offer with one of your existing trading accounts?
And here again “n” after currency.\nDo you want to create…
“n” not separated with Do as (.\nDo)
So my question is this must stay same in translation?
I mean, Am I need live “n” not separated with followed as: xxxxx.\nXxxxxx ?
Is This correct?

1 Like

Yes. The \n needs to stay the same.
\n means new line for a program.

That is correct. Leave it where it is, just translate the words.

Thanks! I forgot to explain, what I am afraid of.
Last time I did programming over 10 yrs ago (html)
I am translating to Cyrillic, so use to be, when the command was on one code and you add something in another, it went crazy and may fall-out. I mean, for instance, French or German or Spanish use the same alphabet, Latin and same code, but Cyrillic is a different one.

1 Like

Yeah. Don’t translate it to Cyrillic, the “\n” is a special character in Java. Won’t recognize it in Cyrillic. :slight_smile:

I know that, I live “n” in Latin, but it is not separate with followed word, which in Cyrillic, so my concern, that script will not mistake. two different coding in one word (hopefully)

I am asking, because I can see there about 60% already translated but not any phrases with “n” character. Means, people don’t translate phrases contained “n”.(no idea why)
So, I just want to be sure, because working on it now

Maybe they are not sure how to translate it as well.

There is no need for concern, just leave it there as it is, for example, translate “Bitcoin.\nBuy” to “Биткоин.\nКупи”. (that is a Serbian Cyrillic translation, I don’t know to which language you are translating)

Even I’m live last 26 years in US, I’m born in Moscow, so fluent in Russian.
Usually problem not with found someone fluent in language, but in keyboard. You can’t buy Cyrillic keyboard in US, but I bought two laptops with Cyrillic keyboards last time I visited Russia in 2015.
So I can tipe without problems.
Don’t know why, can’t do it from smartphone, page not works properly.
Thanks for explanation.
Will work on translation little by little…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Best of luck :slight_smile:

Hi all.
I’m continue with translation and again
have a few questions:
What is definition of words/terms :
1- Taker is this person hwo received offer?
2-Maker is this person hwo make an offer?
3-revert Tx What is Tx?
4-Accepted seat of bank countries… what is “seat” means here?
What is meanings of this phrase?
Is this means accepted countries where bank can perform transaction?
5- \n\nlf you can… is"\nlf" command or
command only “\n” and “lf” means something?
Thanks.

1. Well, the proper wording would I guess be “the one that takes the offer”, it is one thing to get an offer and another to take it. If you understand what I mean…
  2. Yes.
  3. Tx is short for “transaction”
  4. Seat of a bank is, I think, where the headquarters of the bank is, usually where it was initially founded. In this case, in which country the headquarters are, where the most important decisions are made. For example. if it is about some Swiss bank, then it is Switzerland.
  5. The second one. “If” is just a normal English word “If” and “\n” is the new line character, as said previously.

Glad to see you working on those translations :slight_smile: Keep it up

I am confused.
revert transaction means make it back.
But I was always under impression that transaction’s in revertible, can’t make it back!

Hi
I do not know, how to deal with some issues in translation.
Sometimes, there warning with “Glossary translation for term ‘deposit’ missing from translation.
as well, sometimes same with another terms.
Some will translate it in another term and system will be happy, but most of users will be lost and misunderstood.
For instance, most of Russians will not understand term’ Deposit’ It can mean two things 1 place funds to account 2 security deposit,( amount frozen for use) In Russian it is completely different way to say that.
Security deposit ,correct translation will be ‘Залоговая сумма’ or shoort 'Залог’
Deposit to account will be 'Положить на счет’
Withdrawal will be ’ Снять со счета’
Each time it is 3 words and in English these terms is single word or two.
So system signaling about " missed” term, even all translation is correct.
No Idea what to do with it?
Another issue, I found few translations I am disagree with, because in my eyes, people will be misunderstood it, even it is relatively correct.
Example: peer, seed, node.
Most Russians do not know what meaning of this terms is.
It is not widely used terms as computer, dollar or notebook.
So, live it untranslated or use Cyrillic to tipe same, will resulting possible misunderstanding.
Actually it is not problem with translation
of words(terms) like this. I can do it.
But I am not sure what to do with this situation
Am I allowed to correct it, or live it without change?
And What to do with messages in completed translations with that ’ missed term’ mark?
Live it like this or what?
Thanks for advice.

I think it is mostly up to the translator to decide such things. After all, no one else can know better about what people speaking that language will understand best. It is up to you ,I believe, and other translators. There is something called a reviewer and they can change the translation on Transifex, you can talk to @riclas about that. Maybe the best option is to have a topic for Russian translation on this forum, where Russian translators can decide on what the translation should be. This forum has a built in capability of polls, when you are typing to post something you can find it on the last gear icon, next to the emoji icon.

That being said, I can give you some advice, about what sounds ok to me. I don’t think you should worry about warnings to much, I don’t. Some warnings just have to be ignored, like the one when you don’t use brackets in a translation, but were there in the original text. In some languages you can’t say “file(s)” and just leave plural form optional, since in some languages words change more than in English when in plural form.

There are some words, like you said: peer,seed,node,…that don’t exist yet in other languages, at least not in the same meaning yet, applied to the computers. They can be only translated as literal meaning that they would have in English and hope they get eventually accepted in your language. In some form, you are playing a part of deciding on what the words will be in your language, since you are one of the first people who found a need for them. You can consult with others speaking your language to be sure or make a decision without them and risk being corrected, your call. I think a lot of translators, like myself, made new words in our language, that are pronounced as ,or similar to, the English words (as I did: pir,sid,noda,…).

1 Like

OK,Thanks, will ask community for help and
Make new topic in Russian

1 Like

Hi @cryptoross, please check out the following documentation, in case you have questions: https://github.com/arunasurya/bisqtransifex. Also, join us on #transifex Slack channel!

I would add this post as a welcome for every new translator. I really liked this part:

In some form, you are playing a part of deciding on what the words will be in your language, since you are one of the first people who found a need for them.

At the same time, try to take your time to be really sure that you’re not the first one trying to get the best translation of a word or a phrase, because usually someone had the same challenge before.

1 Like