V1.7.3 Sell Offer Invisible and Wallet Undervalued

I tried to create a sell offer but an “insufficient funds” message/bug claimed I had only 25% of what was in my Bisq wallet.

I then transferred the funds to an external wallet, returned them to Bisq, and tried again.

This time the offer appears to have been created, but is not listed among the buy offers. “Show my offers” is ticked/selected in settings.

I cannot even see a way to cancel the offer, since it not listed on the buy page.

Solutions please.

I found the Tor V2 to V3 info, but the offer is still not visible.

How can I cancel it and try again?

18 views but no opinions?

I tried to create a sell offer but an “insufficient funds” message/bug claimed I had only 25% of what was in my Bisq wallet.

This can happen for a few reasons:

1. you might not have completed your trades. Funds in open offers need to be closed before they become available.

2. Your wallet might be corrupt. You will need to do an SPV resync: Resyncing SPV file - Bisq Wiki

This time the offer appears to have been created, but is not listed among the buy offers. “Show my offers” is ticked/selected in settings.

This can happen if you have a Tor V2 onion address. Bisq now requires Tor V3 Changing your onion address - Bisq Wiki

Hope that helps let me know if not…

You should not need to cancel it, if you have upgraded to Tor 3?

Thanks for the advice.

I followed the instructions below for upgrading to Tor v3, but my address is still 16 characters long.

https://bisq.wiki/Changing_your_onion_address

Having just reread the instructions, I cannot see where I went wrong, but I will try again soon.

Could these upgrades not be automated in new versions of Bisq?

All trades were completed, others are experiencing “undervalued wallets”:

“I also had this today, tried to create a sell offer and got the ‘insufficient funds’ when indeed I had more than enough in the bisq walllet.”

Success. THANKS.

1 Like

Glad it is fixed.

Could these upgrades not be automated in new versions of Bisq?

No, as it would result in traders not being able to compete trades, mediations, and arbitrations in progress

You could have “TICK THIS BOX TO CONFIRM YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL OF YOUR TRADES AND DISPUTES BEFORE UPGRADING” etc.

Tor v2 to v3 upgrade instructions summary:

1. Complete any open trades or disputes.
  2. Check the length of your onion address under Settings, network info.
  3. IF your onion address has only 16 characters (Tor v2), close Bisq.
  4. Search C drive for “hiddenservice” - part of Bisq.
  5. Copy the “hiddenservice” version NOT labelled “backup” elsewhere.
  6. Delete the “hiddenservice” original version NOT labelled “backup”.
  7. Relaunch Bisq and recheck onion address length, 56 = success/v3.
1 Like

Yes that sounds like a good option. It is worth considering for future upgrades.

1 Like