Working with multiple computers

I have installed the latest v0.4.6 on my ubuntu 16.04 laptop and created a sell order.
Then I understood that to keep this order active I have to keep the computer on.
I wanted to migrate with my bitsquare account (and order) to another computer that I can keep longer running.
While the ubuntu bitsquare was still running with the order, I installed v0.4.6 on a desktop debian 8 and restored the wallet seed with the hope that I get everything on that computer. The application requested a restart, but then I got nothing from the previous history (no traces for transactions of reserved funds), which I would expect, since no extra data is needed to find these details.

My next step was to stop the app, copy ~/.local/share/Bitsquare from the ubuntu to the debian and start the app again. The app crashed after giving the following warning:
May-17 15:22:11.938 [JavaFX Application Thread] WARN i.b.p.p.k.KeepAliveManager: Connection with id xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx has not completed and is still in our map. We will try to ping that peer at the next schedule.

Is there any way to work with multiple computers? To migrate an order to a new peer?

greetings,
metabit

No replies, so I reply to myself :slight_smile:

I was trying to close the first app (on ubuntu), and then run the second one (on debian, with copied ~/.local/share/Bitsquare

On the first try, I got the following:
May-17 19:13:38.068 [PeerGroup Thread] WARN o.b.n.d.MultiplexingDiscovery: Seed seed.bitnodes.io: timed out
May-17 19:13:38.073 [PeerGroup Thread] ERROR o.b.c.PeerGroup: Peer discovery failure org.bitcoinj.net.discovery.PeerDiscoveryException: No peer discovery returned any results: check internet connection?
at org.bitcoinj.net.discovery.MultiplexingDiscovery.getPeers(MultiplexingDiscovery.java:85) ~[Bitsquare-0.4.6.jar:na]
at org.bitcoinj.core.PeerGroup.discoverPeers(PeerGroup.java:791) ~[Bitsquare-0.4.6.jar:na]
at org.bitcoinj.core.PeerGroup$5.go(PeerGroup.java:497) [Bitsquare-0.4.6.jar:na]
at org.bitcoinj.core.PeerGroup$5.run(PeerGroup.java:463) [Bitsquare-0.4.6.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [na:1.8.0_92]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [na:1.8.0_92]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [na:1.8.0_92]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [na:1.8.0_92]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [na:1.8.0_92]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [na:1.8.0_92]
at org.bitcoinj.utils.ContextPropagatingThreadFactory$1.run(ContextPropagatingThreadFactory.java:35) [Bitsquare-0.4.6.jar:na]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_92]

org.bitcoinj.net.discovery.PeerDiscoveryException: No peer discovery returned any results: check internet connection?
at org.bitcoinj.net.discovery.MultiplexingDiscovery.getPeers(MultiplexingDiscovery.java:85) ~[Bitsquare-0.4.6.jar:na]
at org.bitcoinj.core.PeerGroup.discoverPeers(PeerGroup.java:791) ~[Bitsquare-0.4.6.jar:na]
at org.bitcoinj.core.PeerGroup$5.go(PeerGroup.java:497) [Bitsquare-0.4.6.jar:na]
at org.bitcoinj.core.PeerGroup$5.run(PeerGroup.java:463) [Bitsquare-0.4.6.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [na:1.8.0_92]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [na:1.8.0_92]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [na:1.8.0_92]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [na:1.8.0_92]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [na:1.8.0_92]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [na:1.8.0_92]
at org.bitcoinj.utils.ContextPropagatingThreadFactory$1.run(ContextPropagatingThreadFactory.java:35) [Bitsquare-0.4.6.jar:na]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_92]
*** Error in `/opt/Bitsquare/Bitsquare’: double free or corruption (out): 0x00007f3254013930 ***

But on another try, everything worked fine.
I managed to migrate my order to another computer!

greetings,
metabit

Sorry for the late reply still traveling…
Yes for migrating just copy the whole data dir. You should not run both at the same time as the tor onion address must exist only once (don’t know how tor treat that case if u run 2 nodes with the same onion address).
The errors/warning in the log from bitcoinJ are not critical, they come when there are network issues (often ipv6 nodes dont work well) or a fullnode is not delivering data (probably operated by the many coin analysis parasites).