"You need to wait until you have at least 4 connections to the Bitcoin network"

I am trying to buy some Bitcoin, but when I press the button “Take offer to buy Bitcoin”, I get the message “You need to wait until you have at least 4 connections to the Bitcoin network”.
What does that mean?
What can I do about resolving this issue so that I can but the Bitcoin?
Is the trade locked until the issue is resolved or can the seller move on to another buyer?

Maybe you are having issues connecting to Bitcoin nodes.
You might want to try changing your settings in Bisq for connecting to Bitcoin nodes.
Perhaps you can try setting custom nodes.

No, I think Bisq is just not letting you take the offer, but the offer still stands for everyone else.

Are you using the provided Bitcoin nodes (settings/network)? If so and you still have issues please check your internet connection. You should get connected to about 8 nodes without problems.

Same here. It’s happening all the time since last week. Sometimes works when I close Bisq Software and open it again.

Just reviewing this thread that I started. The problem went away after a time, but I have no idea still why it occurred or how it resolved itself. Restarting the Biusq app did not work. @alexej996 wrote: “You might want to try changing your settings in Bisq for connecting to Bitcoin nodes. Perhaps you can try setting custom nodes.” Such advice may be understandable to a long-time user of the app, but I do not know how to do this and there does not seem to be a FAQ about it.

How can one solve this issue? On the bottom corner of the bisq app I see bisq network peers : 9 and 0 : bitcoin network peers

Any help would be great… Trying to send funds to another wallet… And that error keeps popping up

Thanks

Sounds like your out of sync.

Normally closing and opening Bisq will fix this issue. Give it a few mins to get connections and catch up before sending the BTC.

i have restarted my computer and still getting the “need 4 connection error” also when I start my bisq applications i get this warning… (should i post in another thread)??

I will install a newer version of Bisq, to see if this solves my issues…

stay tuned…

1 Like

the new software update looks promising.

1 Like