Zelle cannot validate Seller Contact

Currently locked into a trade that funds thru Zelle. I have successfully completed many trades with this funding procedure. Unfortunately, Bisq does not reveal information about the seller until one is committed to the Trade. In this case the Seller issued only a number preceded by a plus sign(+). Zelle is administered through my bank and offers three classifications by which to register the Seller as a “Recipient”: email, cell phone number, and bank account number (the account must be with the same bank I am using). I entered the information provided by the seller one by one under each of these categories and each time Zelle could not validate the seller as a “Recipient”, so I was stuck, I was not able to complete the trade. I contacted the seller and he insists the information provided has been used many times and informs me that if this goes to mediation I will lose Money (feels like a veiled threat). I have tried repeatedly to validate this seller as a “Recipient” without success and each time informed the seller and asked if they could do anything on their end to solve the problem. Each time I received the same response from the seller. Now time is rapidly running out and I have no way to seek help from a mediator and I am sensing increasing belligerence in the seller’s replies. This seller has even taken the liberty of sending one dollar to my bank account UNSOLICITED BY ME and noted this in the trader chat. Apparently in an effort to prove that their contact is valid. This is a serious breach of the “Seller/Taker” protocol in my opinion and has no bearing on my Zelle account, I am still not able to “Register” him as a recipient and comply with the trade agreement. In addition, I now have no way to refund unsolicited Dollar “Tracer” he sent to my account. This is extremely frustrating and I desperately need to talk to a mediator but have no way to contact anyone without letting the 4 day limit expire. Can you help?! In addition I would like to make this recommendation to the Bisq Administration: It would help if there were a way for Buyers (and sellers as well) to get information about the other party BEFORE COMMITTING TO THE TRADE. In this case as soon as I saw the unconventional contact information I could have avoided the trade and saved myself the extreme frustration and worry.

Hi thanks for the post.

Sorry that you are having problems with your Zelle trade.

Currently locked into a trade that funds thru Zelle. I have successfully completed many trades with this funding procedure. Unfortunately, Bisq does not reveal information about the seller until one is committed to the Trade. In this case the Seller issued only a number preceded by a plus sign(+).

Did you try replacing the + sign with two zeros “00”?

If you are unable to send payment using the details provided you can ask the seller to provide you with alternative details such as email.

If seller refuses take a screen shot / screen recording of you trying to make payment using the details they provided and it being rejected. You can then provide this to the mediator is needed.

You can seek help from a mediator at any time in the trade by selecting the trade and clicking ‘Ctrl + o’ or ‘alt + o’ or ‘cmd + o’. No need to wait for the 4 days to be up.

It would help if there were a way for Buyers (and sellers as well) to get information about the other party BEFORE COMMITTING TO THE TRADE. In this case as soon as I saw the unconventional contact information I could have avoided the trade and saved myself the extreme frustration and worry

This might cause problems for privacy. But if you do not want to trade with any seller again you can block their onion address. Click on their avatar to get their onion address, then Setting > Preferences and add them to the list of ignored peers.

Hope you end up completing this trade and have more successful experience with future trades.