Zelle Name Issues

Zelle doesn’t require the account holders name to transfer. Like paypal it uses an email address or phone number.

So why does the Bisq Zelle Account have a name field?

Has anyone else filled this name field in with their favorite cartoon characters name and then run into bisq trade disputes?

So why put your name in there if its unnecessary? From what I’ve learned, the Zelle App on your phone does a name lookup. I believe the app presents the account holders name and asks for you to confirm before sending. I also believe that some banks have you type in the account holders name before sending, but any characters will suffice. While other banks only ask for the phone number or email address and have you type that in twice before sending.

It is there to stop the scams.

One form of a scam is when the attacker gets an unsuspecting victim to send him money for some fake service or some other form of scam and provides the victim with the bank account of a Bisq trader and takes the bitcoins for himself. This can lead to Bisq trader’s bank account getting frozen as a victim reports the scam.

Breaking this rule will get you into a dispute and traders are regularly cautioned here to open a dispute in such cases, there is even a possible reward for them as only the other trader can get the bad trader’s security deposit for his troubles.

that is always the same problem, when you trade with in the May-scale, giving the hardest and hoping for the soft stuff…
In case the may-scale is unknown: https://blog.stakeventures.com/articles/the-may-scale-of-money-hardness-and-bitcoin

@avocado have you tried using a pseudonym? did it work for you? or did you end up just putting in your full name?