Bisq-64bit-1.9.15Error on Tails OS Install

I have followed the article down to a t - Running Bisq on Tails - Bisq Wiki

Pre checks Cert is signed - Yes
Data Locations correct - Yes

Error-----------------------

Apr-29 13:45:54.508 [StartTor] ERRORbisq.network.p2p.network.TorNetworkNode: Could not connect to running Tor java.io.IOException: No default Tor Instance configured
at org.berndpruenster.netlayer.tor.TorSocketsKt.getTorInstance(TorSockets.kt:260)
at org.berndpruenster.netlayer.tor.TorSocketsKt.access$getTorInstance(TorSockets.kt:1)
at org.berndpruenster.netlayer.tor.HiddenServiceSocket.(TorSockets.kt:187)
at org.berndpruenster.netlayer.tor.HiddenServiceSocket.(TorSockets.kt:185)
at org.berndpruenster.netlayer.tor.HiddenServiceSocket.(TorSockets.kt)
at bisq.network.p2p.network.TorNetworkNode.lambda$createTorAndHiddenService$10(TorNetworkNode.java:172)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

Apr-29 13:45:54.510 [JavaFX Application Thread] ERRORbisq.core.app.P2PNetworkSetup: onSetupFailed

Apr-29 13:53:24.423 [JavaFX Application Thread] WARN b.common.persistence.PersistenceManager: Application has not completed start up yet so we do not flush data to disk.

Just to add if I use the command line to run it from the guide - /opt/bisq/bin/Bisq --torControlPort 951 --torControlCookieFile=/var/run/tor/control.authcookie --torControlUseSafeCookieAuth

It gets the error
if I run - /opt/bisq/bin/Bisq it just stuck on 1/4 connecing to bitcoin network.

I have the same issue. On tails 6.2. but I also got it on my old installation (5.1.1), when moving to 1.9.15 (On returning to 1.9.14, tails5.1.1, I was able to continue).

Checked tor config control port and it is correct, yet the error message insists that is the problem.

[scratches head]

Are you sure that ‘951’ isn’t a typo?

Usually the ports are way higher. Likely it is ‘9051’.

951 was from the doc they have so was just copied and pasted in. - Running Bisq on Tails - Bisq Wiki

I chnaged the starter command line and added 9051 behaved the same as entering /opt/bisq/bin/Bisq just with a diffrent error relating to java which looks more of bisq side missconfiguration with host port combo or protocol to the connection string. Have to sit tight and see what they say…

@bula334 thanks for your help!

[StartTor] ERRORbisq.network.p2p.network.RunningTor: Couldn’t connect to Tor. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:412)
at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:255)
at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:237)
at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:615)
at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:563)
at java.base/java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:459)
at java.base/java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:236)
at org.berndpruenster.netlayer.tor.ExternalTor.connect(ExternalTor.kt:170)
at org.berndpruenster.netlayer.tor.ExternalTor.(ExternalTor.kt:162)
at bisq.network.p2p.network.RunningTor.getTor(RunningTor.java:83)
at bisq.network.p2p.network.TorNetworkNode.lambda$createTorAndHiddenService$10(TorNetworkNode.java:170)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

I still suspect ‘951’ is a typo, in the notes.

Obvioulsy it is not getting far enough for it to be the source of the current problem, though. That’s my impression.

951 is the correct tor control port for Tails. However, the onion-grater file bisq.yml needs an update for Bisq v1.9.15.
This file works: bisq.yml
Or you can automate the entire process to install Bisq with this guide: Run-on-Tails.