Bitsquare bounty: 0.5 BTC for new brand name

so many concepts in one word…almost insurmountable task…in addition to my prior entries, i give you something that combines and synergizes:

Cingular

rhymes with/resembles “singular”, works well with .io domain (input-output)
used to be a cellular brand, but merged with ATT 12 years ago; cingular.com redirects to ATT
I just purchased the .io domain, which was AVAILABLE (amazingly).
Again, if i win, will transfer the domain to you and if not, will think how I can use it.

1 Like

Bit-O
Pronounced as one word ‘bito’.
The O is in fact a circle, symbolising the p2p, openness, equality, synergy character of bitsquare.
Also, the circle symbolises the easiness in transferring currency all around the world.
Finally, our planet is spherical, like O.

If you want a reference to bitsquare it might be
Bit-O^2
In this version the square might even mean the second bitsquare era you want to initiate. Also everybody knows what O^2 is. The new bitsquare will be the oxygen that cryptoeconomy needs to replace once and for all the old economic system.

Bit-O is small, easily pronounced and remembered, and when it becomes more widely used, it can even be a verb (“Can you bito 2BTC?”)

Something similar might be Coin-O, Coin-O^2, or Crypt-O and Crypt-O^2.

1 Like

Here are my suggestions:

communal (community oriented and community driven)
stake (everyone has a share)
divvy (distributed among users)
meed (shared reward earned through community participation)
quantum (fundamental transactions at the lowest level)
village (it takes a village to raise a new currency)

Labyrinth

It has a somehow bad connotation suggesting being lost or imprisoned, but only to those who face the labyrinth without a map. On the other hand, it suggests openness (a labyrinth requires no invitation), protection of privacy (for each secret path through the labyrinth), synergy and resilience (resulting from the labyrinth’s large number of path combinations), value transfer (through each secret path), new more flexible and open forms of money (a labyrinth also suggests a large number of different options)…

Splay (where splay means ‘to cause to spread outward’)
Splayground
Splaysquare

I’m curious to know how the team is going to pick a winner from this insane amount of proposals.

2 Likes

They may be rejecting or accepting potential candidates as proposals are submitted. I’m curious to know what they’ve chosen as top user-submitted candidates and am excited for the winner to be chosen. Just one more month to go! :smile:

1 Like

Yeah right ? So many propositions and people waiting for what obviously seems an eternity…) but the game is pretty amusing, so hope, wait and see :slight_smile:

I am really looking forward to their next uncovered preferred ones !!!

2 Likes

SafeX
SafeEx
SafeExchange
SEB - Safe Exchange Bitsquare

The number of proposals is indeed huge. More than 1700 at this time. I take the opportunity to thank everyone who has submitted proposals!

A few things to clarify:

Gizfreak:
I’m curious to know how the team is going to pick a winner

whatisasalad:
[I] am excited for the winner to be chosen

As mentioned in the first post, the idea of the bounty is to help the team find a good name. This is not necessarily a contest with a sure winner. :slight_smile: Having said that, the sheer amount of proposals makes it very likely that the chosen name is already proposed by someone here.

We wanted to know what type of names the community associates with the project, so we can pick a name that we believe will be accepted. For example, we noticed that “bit” and “dex” appear quite frequently. This is already an indication for us.

whatisasalad:
They may be rejecting or accepting potential candidates as proposals are submitted. I’m curious to know what they’ve chosen as top user-submitted candidates

We are not rejecting any proposals (okay, except the ones by davidapple, which are obviously a joke ;)). We are currently compiling a short list that was voted on by the team, although this list can be revised at any point. We will then examine the short list and see if we can spot any trend. I will release an update shortly.

jitrenka:
So many propositions and people waiting for what obviously seems an eternity

Yes, we never expected this amount of proposals in such a short time. I simply cannot imagine how many new names are going to be submitted within the next month.

jitrenka:
I am really looking forward to their next uncovered preferred ones !!!

Happy to hear that you are excited! I now have to say: “stay tuned” for our next batch :wink:

3 Likes

you’ve got too many names and too long a timeframe for the contest.
Nobody is currently able to browse all names that were already proposed, so you will get lots of repeats from now on, making it less interesting for the next month.

i would advise to cut off now or very soon, unless you put Feb 20 in code.

What about Bitscreet? Combinaison of Bitcoin and Discreet.

Thanks!!!

What does it mean?

黄銅鉱

Kōdōkō is fool’s gold.

Tōrimichi (toe-ree-mee-chee)
Japanese word for path/passage/way/route.

This one seems to have low search competition.

http://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-meaning-of/japanese-word-5f53444629846c70d5aec3971aeb185c55feadb7.html

1 Like

CrowDex

Presented with no comment.

Hi marc,

Here’s my 2 cents.

Bitsquare is a decentralized exchange hub for crypto currencies, unlike localbitcoins. If governments take down bitsquare, trades can continue over tor network. If government shuts down localbitcoin, trades stop immediately.

Another is privacy, it operates (strictly?) over Tor. So IP address becomes irrelevant in legal matters. (Right?)

And, no middleman. Direct contact with the seller.

To me this is a fair means of exchange.

FAIRPLAY
FAIRFLOW
FAIRSTREAM
FAIRTRADE
FAIRCHANGE
FAIRDEAL
FAIRSTORE
FAIRMARKET
FAIREX
FAIRCOIN
Faircash
Cashfair
Fairmeans

Some random ones _
FAIRRENCY (FAIR CURRENCY)
FAIRDIME
FAIRDOME
Fairday
Cashnet
Coinnet

The thing is, about bitcoins, is that it’s already an anonimized means of exchange. Like cash, you never know who you exchanged it with.

And decentralized, like you don’t need another authority figure to “process” or “certify” that value. It is accepted no matter what (political decisions aside). I mean sure the Government bears the value, but i dont have to authorize the currency any further.
Like for credit cards, you need the bank to further the process of validating verifying and transferring.

So here’s a few more.

COINMART
Cashmart
Cashstreet
CoinsTreet
Coindrive
Coinavenue

Cashhub
Coincanyon
Coinvalley
Bitcanyon
Bitvalley
Coinflow
Bitflow

COINWAVES
COINWAVE
COINTIDES
BITWAVES
Coinergy
Bitenergy
Cashtrek
Cashtrail

Cashagram
Cashify
Coinify
Coinagram

Coincentral (my fav)
Cashcentral

Coinsquare
Coincircle
Coincube

What’s in nature that’s decentralized?
AIR? LIGHT? (RADIO) WAVES? SOUND? GRAVITY? ENERGY? FREE THOUGHT? FREE SPEECH? FREE WILL?

So what’s one thing on the INTERNET that should not be centralized? Should not be derived from anything? Acts on its own free will? No one has authority over it? No physical being has control over it?

It should be the means of exchange. The very Meduim itself. I'm not taking about information but **the Flow** of information. 

No body should step in the middle. No ads, no cookies that track and profile you, no corporate, no one man army, nothing,

"If information flows towards you, you MUST provide something in return"

I'm talking about the SYNERGY between YOU and the FLOW of information. It should neither be too slow or too fast, not it should be limited in nature nor limited by space (location) or limited by time, nor it should be limited by your own intelligence. Dare i say, not even your Disabilities.

Just like in real life, exchange of goods require an equal value in return, because there is no such thing as a free lunch. 

Same thing with information. Knowledge. Wisdom. It always comes with a Price. The question is what currency are you paying with? Your Privacy? Your Ignorance? Or by your efforts to utilize this knowledge to create more wealth for the society?

I like that but it is a bit long. Do you have any other suggestions in that direction? A short word with 1 or 2 syllables would be good. Also a candidate who somehow resembles Bitsquare but not using Bit and Square would be a plus, so the change would be easier if people get some bridge (using anchor letters like B, S, Q).
And it should be easy to spell and remember. No easy, I know :slight_smile:

Yes that definitely makes it tough. There is one name which fits this criteria and is even apt to the service provided.

basquet
Most people reading the word basquet will probably think of the English word “basket”—a woven container, usually used for storage and transport. It is essentially the phonetic Spanish spelling of the English word “basket”. The true phonetic spelling “básquet” appears to be used primarily (exclusively?) in Argentina to refer to a basketball net or the game of basketball itself.

An added benefit is that is should have very low competition for search rank in the global market. If somebody searches for “basquet” they should be able to find you easily once Google robots update everything.

I think it both fits in with and would stand out against this Cryptocurrency Exchanges / Markets List. Funny thing about this list is that most of these names, at least in my opinion, aren’t even that good. They are almost all very clunky. Then there is Kraken which sounds wonderful and is fun to say.