How long should it take for an arbitrator to make an initial contact?

@alexej996 @keo
I contacted the seller. He says he thinks he received the deposit back but he cannot be sure until he gets back in front of his computer tomorrow.
He is sure however that the trade had completed on his app and has gone to the history tab. It is still showing as an open trade in dispute on my computer.
Still no contact from the arbitrator :disappointed: - despite sending yet another message.

Then there seems to be an issue in your client. We can wait for the other trader to confirm getting the deposit back, as well. If he did, then you will just need to import your seed words into a wallet like Electrum and withdraw your deposit. If not, we will eventually get hold of keo, so no worries.

Hi.
As far as I can see the payout multisig went as it should. Any other problems I am not competent to deal with. I suggest to contact a developer to get the remaining fund out. Before check the wallet balance. It may be that the balance is correct and the app is simply displaying a wrong message. In this case one can deleted part of the database which is corrupted. First take a backup of course. See: Switching to a new data directory

Keo

btw, when a dispute is closed I do not get any more messages.

Yes, it appears that this is just a bug in his client.
Importing private keys into an external wallet should fix the problem.

You can remove the wallet password, restart the app and press alt+j to see your private keys.
You can import them then into your external wallet.

You can also import your seed words into Electrum and generate your wallet again that way and use your funds. Either way, bitcoins are locked with your private keys, so there is nothing to worry about :slight_smile:

The seller has responded to me saying that he thinks he did not get his deposit back either:

ā€œAs for the security depositā€¦ you are right, I donā€™t see an incoming transaction, so maybe I have not got it back.

ā€

I am not sure what I am supposed to keep confidential and what I can reveal on this forum, but would it help if I put up some screen shots of where it says ā€œOpen a blockchain explorer with that transactions IDā€ for the Deposit transaction ID.

@alexej996
Your instructions are beyond my competence. I am only new to this game. Is there a FAQ with detailed instructions for what you have suggested?

@keo
That does not explain why I never received a message before the dispute was closed.
It also means there is a software problem because most of my messages to the arbitrator after the case was closed have a tick in the bottom right corner which if you hover over it says: ā€œMessage arrived at receiverā€.

Iā€™m afraid screen shots donā€™t help much as they never display full transaction ID. You would need to copy/paste it here for us to look at it in a block explorer.

@keo is there are payout transaction ID that we can take a look at here, to be sure it has gone through?

It is pretty simple to export your private keys. I can walk you trough it here if you encounter any problems.
It is pretty much just what I said above. You go to Account in the app then go to Wallet password.
You type in your password in the box and press the button bellow that says Remove password.
Then if the app doesnā€™t ask you to restart the app, you just close it yourself and start it again.
Once it has booted up and it shows you the main screen, you just press alt key and j key at the same time. There you should see your private keys.

You can then import those in a Bitcoin wallet like Bitcoin Core or Electrum. Of course you could just import your seed words into Electrum as well, without going through all of this.

@alexej996
I am happy to copy and paste any transaction ID you like - but I do not see a ā€œpayout transaction IDā€ in the ā€œDetailsā€ section of the Trade.
The Trade ID is: 34483-a117e5d6-7e6b-4cc4-91fe-7d664f0abd4f-067
The Deposit Transaction ID is: 394b58dab2a8410b0605c51792bd041e1b24e7a68278f2c5420c6b8546849b12
And the Taker fee Transaction ID is:
09a0db577150e689741031e015a7a5087c860623dac4bcf9e75ab03537c24466
Under ā€œFundsā€ > ā€œLocked Fundsā€, the address of the locked deposit is:
3C9378psv38heuYm2p9habNZWF2pghS9wH
Are any of those of any use?

As far as I can see, payout transaction was indeed never broadcasted for some reason.

Our other arbitrator recently had a similar issue.

@keo it seems like the payout has to be done again :slight_smile:

Donā€™t worry @mm251 , your funds are safe, there was probably just some network issue during payout. Just make sure your Bisq client is online so that keo can finish this automatically for you.

@alexej996 @keo
Yes, my Bisq client is online and will remain so.
Letā€™s hope the problem can be sorted
Thanks

@alexej996 @keo
The problem with the 0.005 BTC ā€œlocked in tradesā€ is now sorted and that box is now showing zero. And the trade is showing as ā€œcompletedā€. And I have received a ā€œTicket closedā€¦ā€ message in the support box.

I assume there is no longer any need for me to do the exporting my keys to my external wallet etc.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

1 Like

I reclosed the dispute which seems to have cured the problem.

1 Like