Message of payment sent but not yet recieved by peer

Trade functioned up to stage 3. Sent payment and confirmed with Bisq. Was asked to repeat “Payment Sent” by Bisq. Repeated “Payment Sent”. Bisq responded with “Waiting for the BTC seller’s confirmation for the receipt of the USD payment”. Payment started message status reads: “Message of payment sent but not yet recieved by peer”. Have contacted the seller in chat function twice…no response. The trade is locked up. Request Mediator help to unlock Trade ID. 11911.

1 Like

If your peer is not responding, we can’t be sure if your peer can’t just press “payment received” in any time. There’s a bug where seller doesn’t receive the “payment sent” message and can’t confirm payment receipt.
If trading period ended already, you did fine opening mediation. Now the mediator should help complete the trade.

1 Like

I had the exact same experience as a first time user… VERY frustrating.
In my case it was a SEPA payment. Transferred the money, clicked on ‘payment sent’ and the system replied: "“Message of payment sent but not yet recieved by peer”…
I rebooted several times, installed the new version 1.5.1, reset the SPV files, contacted the seller through the Chat messenger… NOTHING…
No replies from the seller either.
Right after the payment period of 6 days expired I suddenly got my BTC!
It seems it worked out in the end but it was a frustrating 6 days… Was about to give up.
Also, the fact that the Chat service doesn’t seem to work (or the seller doesn’t want to reply), doesn’t help either.
I hope this gets fixed as it doesn’t inspire confidence.
THANK YOU

1 Like