New/more-refined settlement methods? (clearXchange)

Well, I just checked and both my buy (send payment) and sell (receive payment) transactions on ClearXchange are now “complete”. On the topic of exposing identity information, it is clear that I didn’t need to know the real name of the recipient in order to send funds, but when funds are receive it does seem to send through the name of the sender. I’m not concerned about this, but I guess some people could be. I see this (except money sender’s name is redacted):

2 day settlement isn’t too bad.

Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback. It’s important and much appreciated.

And thanks again for introducing us to the payment method. This could be a big step to welcoming more US traders. I really hope that clearXchange keep their ‘promise’ of impossible chargebacks.

My pleasure, I’d love to help drive things forward, traditional exchanges will always be vulnerable to theft, they are an obvious and big target. I’m keen to do anything I can to get more activity on Bitsquare, because I want to be able to exchange there cheaply! And in general ClearXchange is really exciting–the US seems to lag the entire rest of the world in all things banking related. The rollout of EMV is still going on and seems less than 50% complete.

Is there 100% certainty that the real name is not needed?
Could it be that if it is different to the bank accoun that some banks make problems?
As long we don’t have 100% confirmation I will better leave the name there.

What is EMV?

The chip on your credit card. US people still use the magnetic strip which is way less safe.

Ah ok. US banks really lack behind 3rd world country banks… A shame…

Well, my payment went through without the name, and I also receive payment without my name being identified. I guess it could depend on the bank, but the first two datapoints indicate it isn’t necessary.