URGENT: Certain banks banned until further notice

Hi,
I am a little bit worried with this problem.
My last three transactions ended up in error because of this matter.
¿Is it being contained and diminishing or the other way round? ¿Where can I send the Bisq log?
Thanks

Further with my replay: Is it possible to consider this problem produced by an individual or by an organization?
Thanks

We knwo for 100% about one scammer. There are a few other suspicious cases where it is not 100% clear but likely that either the same scammer or others are operating. As said atm we have blocked several regions for SEPA and Interac to stop the scammer. It is too early to say that they have disappeared. With the next release, hopefully this week we will add more protection tools so those scams will not have a chance anymore. In the meantime I recommend to trade with extra care and open a dispute if anything is slightly suspicious or the makers account is less then 1 months old. We can delay in the disputes the BTC payout, so in case a chargeback happens there is no financial loss. Usually chargebacks happen 1-3 weeks after the incident, so those delays are adjusted to that.

It the trade is under pending trades, open a dispute with cmd+o. If you have any trades with the scammers onion address as listed in the other thread please report the trade details with a screenshot and the json data by PM to me. If you get any chargeback request please accept it and get in touch with me regarding reimbursement.

I’m very sorry to raise my issue again here, but in the other thread (Trade stuck before step 1 - #29 by alexej996) nobody seems to fully read and understand the problem:

It is impossible to open a dispute from within the application, because:

Pressing crtl+o opens a window, but when I click the button “Open Support Ticket” the window closes and nothing happens.

Are you aware of this bug?

Manfred wrote:

Damn just though we have the scammer under control to read 1 minutes later about a scammer at
Interac: https://bisq.community/t/scammer/7482

That link seems to be private:

“Sorry, you don’t have access to that topic!”

No worries, I get the basic idea. Bad scammer now using Interac. Interac transactions (among others) shutdown until next release. Nobody panic. Is that a fair summary? I hate that this is affecting the community (especially the transaction method I use) but appreciate the quick reactions by the devs. :hearts:

3 Likes

Oh, never saw that bug. Can you PM me the log file? Do you have latest version 1.0.1?

Yes I have the latest version 1.0.1.

Please note that this bug may or may not be related to another bug, where the trade is initiated and bank data are revealed and subsequently the taker fee transaction is not initiated / fails. (Trade stuck before step 1 - this was the original cause I tried to open a support ticket).

Please note that I’m not the only user experiencing this exact same problem (Trade stuck before step 1).

Log file excerpt PMed.

It is likely due the banned regions. With the next release that will be removed and new protection tools added.

Attention on Bisq, I’ve got scammed around 600 Euro.

Probably arbitrator are included in the Scam. Im buying for myself and a couple friends Bitcoins on BISQ, I have already 25 Trades and my Peer jsum… is registered since the 15. March or a couple days before. On the 14th of April I’ve opened several Trades, as well on the 15th, 16th and 17th.
All the Money was released, just 2 Trades - 1 of the 14th and 16th where never released. The Arbitrator accused me on a really unfriendly way that im a Scammer. I’ve sent X Screenshots and exported CSV and whatever he wanted.

And today this Message: http://prntscr.com/niktx9
The peer already sent back the money - weird - it didn’t arrived on my Bank Account…

I provided them with logs, with Screenshots out of the online banking and whatever they wanted.

The really funny thing is, that I already had a successful Trade with this Guy

Arbitrators from which I have no idea want a private Skype video Verification with them, with showing all my government documents. To a Person which I don’t know and even its not working for a company where I can control or check anything.

Btw. Chargeback after more than 2 Weeks? Seriously? What is with all my other trades?

1 Like

I recommend you to first of all edit out private information on the images. And as a general advice please try to refrain from confrontational language the longer you can.

1 Like

@scamedonbisq
Please delete all private informations asap !!
Scammed or not scammed, this forum is not a place to exhibit private info.

1 Like

deleted.
I was writing quite friendly for a long time with the arbitrators.
Till they accused me I’m a scammer.

@scamedonbisq
Since several days, when you open Bisq, you are:

• informed that there is a running scam atm,
  • invited to visit the present forum in order to get more informed

Obviously you didn’t do that with the present account which has just some hours.

Would you have a bit read the forum:

• you would have heard about this shitty scam which gives a lot of work to the arbitrators, the devs and the support since 15 days.
  • and you would have learnt that using a Bisq account like you did (linking to several fiat accounts) matches unfortunately 100% the profile of the existing scammer(s).

Publishing private data is also absolutely unacceptable.

imo you are absolutely not in position to try to escalate things, neither to accuse publicly an arbitrator. Which I consider is also a serious case.

I wish we’ll do the necessary to get rid of such behaviours on Bisq.

More to say, but I’ll refrain myself.

2 Likes

With the slightly Difference that I’m already 1.5 Months on BISQ trading and 25 Trades have without a chargeback… Same Peer jsum…

@scamedonbisq
Stop spreading lies!
You have not lost anything yet as the disputes are not closed and the Fiat was sent back from the seller. Of course if you are operating with stolen accounts you will not receive it and therefor consider it as loss ;-).
We requested pagesiger doc and any evidence about your “BTC club” and you did not provide any. Also the requests for a video session you are strictly rejecting.

Your account is 14 days old and falls into the time when the scammer became active so you are considered.
You trade with several different accounts from the regions where we got most scams.
Some of those are female names and that fits to the patter of the scammers as well. In reality there female traders are a minority on Bisq.

So there are many red flags and to make sure that your are not a scammer we need to get some evidence from you. You can also get us in contact with the person for whom you are trading. But you did not react to such requests as well.

Screenshots and csv files are no proof. Every child can fake that.
You did not provide Screenshots out of the online banking as you state above, at least not to me.
Sending abck money can take a while, Sepa can take a few days. If you receiving bank is already flagged I am not surprised if you dont receive it. We will release the BTC only after we get it confirmed or the peer provides evidence via pagesigner. Until that we keep the case open.

Chargeback after more than 2 Weeks?

Unfortunately, yes. We got reports after 3 weeks and some will likely still come later.

I will post below screenshot of all our conversation so users can make themselves a picture if you are considered a Bisq trader they want to trade with.

1 Like

1 Like

I left out those messages containing trade data or your reported cvs file of your trades to protect your privacy.

Your account age is 15 days not 1.5 months.

1 Like

And if you are not a scammer why not provide contact to the person oh whom behalf you have traded? I doubt you are female and German as the person in the account.